- All our patients over 80 years of age are close to completion.
- All over 70’s will be given the Pfizer vaccine irrespective of what vaccine you received as your primary vaccination.
- For the booster, we will only be inviting the over 70’s who had both their COVID vaccinations with us in Scholarstown. The next booster clinic will be held on 16th & 17th December, and we will contact you directly.
- All 60–69-year-olds will be invited by the HSE to be vaccinated in the mass vaccination centres.
We ask you to not phone the practice with covid booster queries. Details above and no exceptions can be made.
Bloods Clinic (Fee)
As of October 26th 2021, Blood test fee will be €40.
FLU VACCINE 2021
PATIENTS ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE THE FLU VACCINE UNDER THIS NATIONAL CAMPAIGN:
- All patients aged 65 years and over
- Children aged 2 to 17
- Pregnant Women
- Patients aged 6-23 months and 18-64 years at INCREASED RISK- see below
Those with chronic illness, e.g. chronic heart disease (including coronary syndrome), chronic liver disease, chronic neurological disease, chronic renal failure,
chronic respiratory disease,(including COPD, cystic fibrosis, moderate or
severe asthma, and bronchopulmonary dysplasia, diabetes mellitus, or
Those with immunosuppression due to disease or treatment, including asplenia or hyposplenism, and all cancer patients.
Those with any condition that can compromise respiratory function(e.g. spinal cord injury, seizure disorder, or other neuromusclardisorder) especially those attending special schools/day centres.
Children and Adults with Down Syndrome
Children with moderate to severe neurodevelopment disorders such as cerebral palsy and intellectual disability.
Those with morbid obesity (Body mass index >40)
Residents of Nursing Homes and other long stay facilities
Household contacts of people with underlying conditions or Down Syndrome
Out of Home Care Givers for people with an underlying chronic health condition or have Down Syndrome. A carer is someone who provides ongoing significant level of care to a person who is in need of care in the home due to illness or disability or frailty.
People in regular contact with pigs, poultry or waterfowl.
The HSE are posting out Covid Certs to Patients that have been vaccinated in a GP / Pharmacy Setting.
The Doctors have NO control/input regarding these certs.
Patients vaccinated through HSE portals will receive their certs by email (from the HSE)
If you don't receive it by email it will be posted to your home address.
Scholarstown Family Practice
Rachel Kirwan of Orlagh Meadows, Knocklyon received her 2nd dose Pfizer this morning and was our 1000th vaccination.